Sunday, September 6, 2020

Working at “living what I’m learning” . . .

These days my “dialogue with the Divine” is more on the listening side, than the talking-side. It’s not that I am “all talked out” . . . it is that my theology of God caught up with me a while back. I’m growing in knowing ...

Knowing . . . He reads my heart, knows my innermost thoughts, my resting and my rising. He’s all understanding and wise; yet He graces me by gifting His Spirit into my heart’s inner most chambers.  He, though knowing all about me is devoted to me . . .

I seek to listen to His words with humility and intent … my main prayer’s for grace; grace to live in the grace He is, and provides . . .




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you John, love that to listen - to hear what is on His heart rather than just pouring out ours!! So precious!

robatrhema said...

Tommy Kempis would be proud of you John.

Michael Pole said...

Thank you John this is so important to every Christian , how can we learn when we dont listen - Blessings from the land of OZ