Sunday, June 14, 2009

Some "original" one-liners

As a kid (I was not born at the age I presently am), I started the practice of making “one-liners.” Problem was back then they weren’t written or generally received as insightful and wise … in fact often my quick mouth/mind got me in trouble. Still does; even though it got me ‘caned’ a couple of times in high school days, I remain a faithful follower of the “Qoheleth tradition”.

So, here are a few “outputs” from my ruminations over the last twelve months . . . 
  • "Does life get out of you what it puts into you?" - JCD
  • “A master plan for life … envisage your future, make decisions and plans – then, just keep getting out of bed. - JCD
  • “Getting older means you are alive … dead people don’t age well” - JCD
  • “God and us have at least one thing in common … we can choose to forgive the sins of others” - JCD
  • “God is for us – We did not recruit Him … He called us, delivers us, and He works for our good. He really is for us, even though at times it sure doesn’t feel like it!” - JCD
  • “Life is an it, you are an is … remember that is’es outlive it’s”. - JCD
  • “Our best response to the Divine gift of life on this earth is to love it, live it, and not loathe it before we leave it”. – JCD
  • “Remember nothing’s impossible ... and not every ‘far-out-thing’ needs to be dismissed as improbable!!” - JCD
  • “When we respond to revelation through human conscience we appropriate grace”. - JCD

No comments: