Tuesday, May 30, 2017

React or respond; it’s over to you . . .


I’ve been reading; actually re-reading in some of Paul’s latter letters . . . 

               It’s gotten into ruminating . . . 

Have a read, ruminate, and “summary reflection” with me . . .

”I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.” Philippians 4:11-12

“But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it; but if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.” 1 Timothy 6:6-8



1 comment:

Tim Bulkeley said...

There is nothing like living for a while with people who "have nothing", like we did in Congo, to see this. Some of the most contented and happy people I've known did not have running water in the house or a flush toilet, they did not even have resources to pay a doctor when they were ill (unless family and friends helped).