Thursday, April 30, 2015

JCD’s on a Geneva Journey: Rumination #4

Today we all went by coach (that’s a flash bus) into the Geneva headquarters of the WCC**. The place is massive and impressive. Though it’s more than a place, it’s a living community of mission.
There we heard and saw “lots” through various sessions, presentations, Q&A’s, targeted-publications, handouts and visual media. I’ve much to think about and integrate, but not ruminating on that tonight . . .

Tonight it’s the people I travelled with; those I ate lunch beside, consumed coffee and pastries with in the breaks that have my “ruminators-attention.”

I’m asking myself . . .
  • “What makes different people, ones with whom I hold common interests and mission commitments; interests and commitments that bring us significant distances to be together, most inspiring when we interact in the casual aspects of well planned and executed informational event?”
So, three thoughts I’m “chewing over” . . .
  • Could it be they’re not only different, they are distinctive?
  • What makes the difference between distinctive and different?
  • How often do I grasp in the casual-encounter what I missed in the formal-presentation?
Well, I’m now off to ruminate and rest . . .

 
** World Council of Churches



No comments: