Monday, April 27, 2015

On a Geneva Journey with JCD: Rumination #1

Today at Geneva was a free day, so with two other Kiwis here for the meeting; I journeyed into the city. 

Upon arrival we asked; “wadda-ya-wanna-see”? 

Stopped briefly, quickly, and easily we made three calls, then off again; now we’re journeying with purpose.

First stop was at the Reformation Wall, a monument honouring many of the main individuals, events, and documents of the Protestant Reformation by depicting them in statues and bas-reliefs.

Looking at the “big-four” filling the monument’s middle, someone said. . . 
  • “what’s different between them and church leaders today?" “I mean them and us . . . "

They’re all . . .

  • Wearing hats
  • Sporting a beard
  • Guys (aka Male-type-persons)
  • Not showing their feet
  • Holding Bibles
Which one got my attention, leading into a brief “on-the-spot” rumination?

Well, I’m not telling you—so ha!

So why not you have a look at (1) the wall pix, (2) our list and make a call, (3) ruminate, and (4) reflect on “why you made your call” . . .

It’s not always what we think that matters, but why we got to think about it in the first place


If you wish respond or interact, use the comments section below . . .




PS – the “big-four” are; Theodore Beza (1519–1605), John Calvin (1509–1564), William Farel (1489–1565), and John Knox (c.1513–1572)

1 comment:

Tim King leadership said...

Wish I could grow a beard but I am one of the few that still carry my Bible around..... and just for your information there is nothing wrong with my feet.